Our tenants moved out and found a better roof to live under (yea right, they’re never going to find a better place… Even though they found a place… Uh. Well, its still not going to be better than ours. I think its clear now). That wasn’t the point; the point was that they left their betta-fish in their bathroom. Who leaves a fish unattended and doesn’t tell anyone for two weeks!? In ther bathroom!? Ugh nevermind.
So Fox being the nice guy he is, cleaned the tank (a shame to call it a fish tank since its the kind you win from a carnival) and bought it down to our house. Pets bring untold memories to mind:
– black and white fluffy cat named ‘samantha’ had a few kittens and then ran away… Next morning, while walking to school, we saw her all squish-ered on the road. We were scarred for life.
– two colorful birds, a couple of years after… Idk what happened to them, but I think they died.
– a white big bird we ‘saved’ from the building parking lot. I remember watching it stare at us from its big cage. Next morning I saw it lying there in between garabe bags. It was dead.
– I won a little goldfish from the carnival. I named it something (I don’t remember what though). It was murdered by Fox’s larger goldfish that he won from the carnival. Of course.
– We were upto our twelfth fish in our what-five-siblings-always-wanted-aquarium. My mom fed them cheerios in the middle of the night. The next morning they were dead.
– Good luck left behind betta-fish.
I am trying to give it away to a friend before we are covered with more scars, for the millionth time.